New, extended application deadline: 10 December 2018, 09:00am
WeMove.EU is a citizens’ movement responding to the crisis of European democracy through creative online lobbying campaigns. After launching in 2015 WeMove now has more than 800,000 members. You would be joining a team of dedicated activists located all over Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Holland and Slovenia) at a really exciting time as in 2019 we are developing our next 3 year strategy and you will be able to take part in developing the direction we take.
This role can be based anywhere in Europe.
More information about our project can be found on: http://wemove.eu/wemove.pdf.
As a Senior Campaigner you will:
- Co-create European campaigns of WeMove, with the Campaigns Team and Campaign Management Team
- Work with a Campaign Manager to identify campaign opportunities and develop and lead on campaigns
- Research and monitor policy processes on an EU level
- Write strong, compelling copy and edit copy for the English speaking lists
- Manage the English lists, including setting up and sending emails using our online campaigning tools (Speakout and CiviCRM), and analysing data and user engagement
- You'll run A/B tests and analyse user behaviour, rapidly adopting learnings and best practices
- Communicate our ideas and campaigns on social media
- Build relations with partners in NGOs and movements in Europe
- Fundraise from individual donors
- Organise “offline” actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers etc.
- Have the opportunity to have a part-time assistant to help manage the English language community
- You are deeply committed to changing the society you live in and empowering the people around you to do the same
- You write great copy and have great writing skills in English
- You have several years of experience with non-partisan political campaigning, ideally online and digital campaigning as well
- You are quick to understand new software and online tools
- You are well networked
- You are ideally familiar with email list management
- You are native or fluent in English to a degree that you can communicate professionally with our members and other stakeholders
- You are happy with extensive travel in Europe and flexible working hours
- You are comfortable with public speaking, e. g., at local rallies or in front of a camera
- You are open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
- Look forward to working in a team where we all strive to learn from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
- You are driven by results and crave more data, keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance, and are always looking to improve your work
The following skills are considered a bonus:
- Online campaigning
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Additional European languages
- Street actions & protests
- Social media use
- Lobbying of decision makers
- Member fundraising
- Major donor or institutional fundraising
- Strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience
Terms and conditions
Full time position (40hrs/week)
6 month probation period, followed by a permanent contract
Salary range: a) a competitive salary as compared to a local wage in the NGO sector and b) a typical German salary for this kind of position adjusted for your local costs of living
Location: Anywhere in Europe (UK included but not preferred). Working from a home office or co-working space of your choice
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that online campaigners necessarily have to be very young and encourage also people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by 10 December 2018, 09:00am to email@example.com (max. 10 MB). Please include
- motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience as an activist (voluntary and/or professional), and provide 3 references.
- CV, including any other language skills according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- relevant links to or samples of your work (if applicable)
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ask candidates for availability to do a 3h task on the day of your choice 11.12.2018 - 16.12.2018, this will be used to decide who to invite to a first video interview held in the week from December 17. Start date of 1 Feburary 2019 latest desired.