Application Deadline: no deadline, rolling basis
WeMove Europe is a citizens’ movement responding to the crisis of European democracy through creative online lobbying campaigns. After launching in 2015 WeMove now has more than 920,000 members and is seeking to support its fast growth by recruiting a Romanian Senior Campaigner. This position would be the latest addition to a constantly growing team of seventeen dedicated activists located all over Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, the Netherlands and Slovenia).
The role is based in Romania, preferably in Bucharest. However, for the right candidate, we can be flexible on the city.
More information about our project can be found on: http://wemove.eu/wemove.pdf.
As a Senior Campaigner you will:
- Co-create WeMove Europe’s European campaigns, with the Campaigns Team and Campaign Management Team
- Work with a Campaign Manager to identify campaign opportunities and develop and lead on campaigns
- Research and monitor policy processes both within your national context and on EU level
- Write strong, compelling copy in Romanian and tailor it to your local context
- Manage email communications with our Romanian members, including setting up and sending emails using our online campaigning tools (Speakout and CiviCRM), and analysing data and user engagement
- You'll analyse statistics on our member’s activities to make it easier for them to engage. Communicate our ideas and campaigns on social media
- Build and maintain relations with partners in NGOs and movements in Romania and the region and EU-wide
- Fundraise from individual donors in Romania
- Organise “offline” actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers etc.
- Have the opportunity to have a part-time assistant to help manage the Romanian community
- Travel occasionally nationally and EU-wide including for team meetings and retreats, stakeholder and partner meetings, petition deliveries
- You are deeply committed to working in Romania and the whole EU for change towards social and economic justice, environmental sustainability and citizen-led democracy. You believe in empowering the people around you to do the same
- You write great copy and have great writing skills in Romanian
- You have experience with non-partisan political campaigning, ideally online and digital campaigning as well
- You have strong understanding of the political and social context in Romania as well as some understanding of the European context.
- You are quick to understand new software and online tools
- You are well networked nationally and regionally
- You are ideally familiar with managing large email lists
- You are fluent in English to a degree that you can work in an English-speaking environment and can translate from English into Romanian
- You are happy with extensive travel in Europe and flexible working hours
- You are comfortable with public speaking, e. g., at local rallies or in front of a camera
- You are open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
- You look forward to working in a team where we all strive to learn from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
- You are driven by results and crave more data, keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance, and are always looking to improve your work
BTW: Don't worry, if you don't fulfil all of the above to 100%.
The following skills are considered a bonus:
- Online campaigning
- Great writing skills in English
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Additional European languages
- Street actions & protests
- Social media use
- Lobbying decision-makers
- Member fundraising
- Major donor fundraising
- Strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience
Terms and conditions
Full time position (40hrs/week)
- A contract based on Romanian labour code, starting with 6 month probation period, followed by a permanent contract
Salary range: Based on a) a competitive salary as compared to a local wage in the NGO sector and b) a typical German salary for this kind of position adjusted for your local costs of living, the position offers a typical net salary range of 1,400 - 1,600 euro (level based on level of experience for the job and actual net salary will also depend on your personal situation).
Location: Romania, preferably Bucharest, but can be flexible. Working from a home office or co-working space of your choice
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that online campaigners necessarily have to be very young and encourage also people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. 10 MB). Please include
- motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience with voluntary political activism, and provide 3 references.
- CV. Including your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- relevant samples of your work (if applicable)
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
We will ask candidates for availability to do a 3h task and those who complete that task successfully will be invited to an in person interview.