Join Our Team
Shape the future of Europe with your passion for positive change.
Together, let's create a brighter future.
About the Role
- Position: Campaigner France
- Location: Remote within France
- Preferred Start Date: March 2024
Most importantly the digital world: online campaigning and innovative digital tactics excite you, and you are keen to learn more in this field.Data analysis and data driven decision-making is not a frightening concept to you, on the contrary.
As a Campaigner France, your tasks will include:
Co-create our European campaigns, with the Campaigns Team and Campaign Management Team
- Identify campaign opportunities and develop and lead on campaigns
- Help us understand the political dynamics in France by keeping connected to local movements, alternative thinking and researching policy processes within your national context as it connects to the EU level
- Write strong, compelling copy in French and tailor it to your local context
- Manage email communications with our French members, including setting up and sending emails using our online campaigning tools (currently, ActionKit), and analysing data and user engagement
- Build and maintain relations with partners in NGOs and movements in France and EU-wide
- Contribute to reaching our social media and comms objectives which could include running paid ads in your country
- Fundraise from individual donors in France
- Organise “offline” actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers etc.
- Work with a part-time Digital Organiser to help manage the French community
- Travel nationally and EU-wide for team meetings, retreats, stakeholder and partner meetings, and petition deliveries.
About You - Who are we looking for?We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Campaigner who brings these qualities to the table:
- You are comfortable with and excited by new software and online tools
- You write great copy and have great writing skills in French
- You are deeply committed to working in France and Europe for bold, structural change and believe in empowering the people around you to do the same
- You have some experience with non-partisan political campaigning, and if that experience is online and digital that’s an added bonus
- You have a strong understanding of the political and social context in France as well as some understanding of the European context.
- You are driven by results and crave more data, keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance, and are always looking to improve your work
- You are fluent in English to a degree that you can work in an English-speaking environment and can translate from English into French
- You are happy with travel in Europe
- You look forward to working in a team where we all strive to learn from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact.
Bonus skills and knowledgeWhile we understand that no one possesses all these skills and experiences, we would encourage that you will bring 2 or 3 of the following to our team:
- Digital Marketing
- Digital fundraising
- Great writing skills in English
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Additional European languages
- Street actions & protests
- You are well networked nationally and regionally in activist circles
- Strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience.
Why us?WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere.
Our job is to move a community of a million people across Europe on issues that matter - including the climate emergency, migrant rights, workers rights, better governance, and more. We know this number of people also needs to grow and diversify further so we can represent a strong critical mass that can bring about change in Europe.
We work with staff in 10 countries who connect digitally every day and in person periodically.
- Full time position (39hrs/week);
- A labour contract based on French labour code, starting with a 4+2 month probation period, followed by a permanent contract
- Salary range: 45.000€ - 49.000€ gross year salary, depending on experience level
- Location: Remote within France
- Benefits: home office set up and co-working space of your choice, 30 vacation days, training, professional development, regular team calls, full week retreat in person with the whole team, and much more…!
We do not share the implicit belief that online campaigners necessarily have to be very young and encourage also people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply.
Next stepsIf you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by February 15th, Please include:
- Motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience with voluntary political activism
- CV. Including your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- Relevant samples of your work (if applicable)
- Evaluation of applications
- Online task assessment (3h)
- 1-2 round interviews in person
- Final decision
About the Role
- Title: Social Media Consultant
- Project: Get out to Vote - European Elections Campaign
- Location: Remote work within Europe
- Conditions: Part Time, Freelance, February - June 2024, 1-2 days per week
- Rate: 300 euro per day
To support our "Get out to Vote" campaign, WeMove Europe is seeking skilled and passionate Social Media Consultant to join our team and to contribute to the amplification of our Get Out the Vote campaign across social media, mobilising millions to vote in the European elections. The consultant will play a crucial role in enhancing our online presence, fostering engagement, and expanding our online presence in the community of activists.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support the design and delivery of social media strategy for the GOTV campaign:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Get Out the Vote social media strategy aligned with WeMove Europe's mission and goals.
- Collaborate with social media teams to integrate GOTV plans with broader social media work
- Generate compelling and shareable content for various platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and others.
- Create visually appealing graphics, images, and videos to accompany posts and maximise impact.
- Ensure content aligns with brand guidelines and maintains a consistent tone across all platforms.
- Maintain and build relationships with values-aligned content creators to amplify the content.
- Support the social media team to monitor and respond to audience interactions, comments, and messages on social media channels.
- Measure the performance of social media campaigns, and provide updates and reports on key metrics, trends , hooks, moments for optimising our GOTV campaign.
- Engage with external partners and influencers to amplify the reach of our messages.
- Support the engagement of influencer partnerships.
About You - Who are we looking for?You’re part of the activist movement - either volunteer or professionally - with a deep knowledge of the power of social media to shift the narrative and shape public discourse in an election year.
- You are values-driven, and relate to the values of WeMove Europe as stated in our vision document here: https://www.wemove.eu/en/community#mission_and_vision
- You’re passionate about people power and have a deep commitment to activism, in promoting civic engagement, democratic participation, and an understanding of the importance of voting in democratic processes.
- You’re an experienced social media strategist preferably in the non-profit or advocacy sector.
- You are proficient with a range of content creation tools: Adobe. Canva, with some graphic design and video editing skills.
- You’re a strong analytical thinker, you are adept at interpreting social media metrics.
- You’re up on the latest social media trends with an in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- You have experience in building social media communities, demonstrated experience in harnessing the power of social media for activism, with a successful track record of mobilising and engaging diverse communities.
- You’re an excellent communicator: excellent verbal and written communication skills in both the local language and English (for internal communication), with the ability to connect with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- You have experience in working remotely and with multi-cultural organisations
- You are proficient in maintaining accurate records and reporting campaign progress using standard office software and tools.
Bonus skills and knowledgeIf even a couple of these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. We know that no one can possibly have all these skills and experiences - you will likely be able to bring 2 or 3 of the following to our team
- You have previously developed and managed effective digital marketing strategies for an election-related campaign, and are familiar with running ads in digital platforms such as Google, Linkedin and Meta.
- You’re an innovative thinker, and come with innovative ideas to implement scalable growth.
- You’ve experience in developing and negotiating influencer partnerships and have overseen the development of influencer campaigns from start to finish
- You have a good understanding of regulatory landscape for digital advertising
Why us?WeMove Europe is an international campaigning organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe on issues that matter _ including climate emergencies, migrant rights, workers rights, better governance and more.
At the centre of what we do are two key beliefs: that people hold the power to drive change, and that the Europe we live in today needs real, deep-rooted transformation so that its politics reflect the needs of people and planet rather than corporations and profit.
This consultancy is part-time, and is expected to last from February until June 2024. The consultant will be hired on a part-time basis, remotely. We envisage the consultant working 1 day a week at a start, and increasing up to 2.5 days a week from May to June.
WeMove Europe strongly encourages and welcomes applicants of all origins, ages and diverse backgrounds. Women and people of marginalised genders, people from a minority background, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people, and others from traditionally marginalised backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Next stepsInterested candidates are invited to submit their CV, an example of a social media campaign you managed during an election, and a brief cover letter demonstrating your proven track record and experience in election.