Application Deadline: Sunday 10 September 2017 - midnight
WeMove.EU is a citizens’ movement, campaigning for a better Europe; for a European Union committed to social and economic justice, environmental sustainability and citizen-led democracy. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere. (From our mission statement).
We are a recently launched, European online campaigning organisation.
Our idea is to respond to the crisis of European democracy with creative online campaigning. Having launched in September 2015 with great success (820 000 members so far), we are now focused on continuing our fast growth – and we are looking for a campaign assistant to support our work in French.
You would be joining a team of dedicated activists located all over Europe e.g. Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and UK.
You would be based in Brussels.
More information about our project can be found on: http://wemove.eu/wemove.pdf.
About the role
You are in charge of organising WeMove offline actions which most often take place in Brussels or Strasbourg. To do this you are in charge of communicating with our members in the cities where the action take place and developing our Belgian community.
Your tasks will include
- Organising offline actions. Including: getting permits with the police, organising props (organising design and print/production of banners, petition signatures, flyers for the public, etc), managing members who attend, relations with the public, the police, etc
- Communicating our ideas and campaigns on social media to engage our members in our deliveries
- Responding to questions and requests of members sent by email or on social media.
- Support setting up online campaigns using drupal
- Support managing our Belgian, French and English database using CiviCRM
- Support other campaign activities such as research, partner relations, media, etc
- Support organisational growth through campaign promotion
- Support policy monitoring and research
You are a strong communicator with attention to detail, you are tech savvy and able to learn quickly how to use our online tools, you are a passionate agent for political change.
- have experience organising street actions and protests
- have a working knowledge of English
- have outstanding writing skills in French
- have experience working with social media in a professional context
- have experience with political/issue campaigning
- are quick to understand new software and online tools
- are happy to work in an exciting “startup” environment, with all its opportunities and uncertainties
- are open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
- look forward to working in a team where we all strive towards learning from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
Additionally, the following skills / experiences would be a plus:
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Well networked nationally
- Online campaigning
- Additional European languages
- Lobbying of decision makers
Terms and conditions
10h a week for an initial contract duration of 12 months or a consultancy contract. Starting as soon as possible.
As we are building a virtual organisation, this position will be based at a home office or a co-working space, we will need to rent a space where we can keep our props.
The salary for this position will be: 12,14€ per hour (gross) so 533,2€ per month (gross).
We are striving towards a good gender-balance in our team. Applications of women and transgender persons are therefore especially encouraged. In order to enhance the diversity of our team we encourage applicants of all origins and diverse backgrounds.
We are also recruiting a French Campaign Assistant and we would be open to the same person doing both roles at the same time. Please let us know if you apply for both.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in Engish before Sunday 10 September 2017 - midnight to email@example.com (max. 10 MB). Please include
- Motivation letter in English. Please include mention of your experience with voluntary political activism, and provide 3 references.
- CV in french. Including your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- Relevant samples of your work (if applicable)
- Please let us know if you are also applying for the Brussels Campaign Assistant/Organiser role as well and if you would like to be considered to both at the same time.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.