Location: The Netherlands
Application deadline extendend to September 15
WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere.
Our job is to mobilise a community of over a million people across Europe on issues that matter - including the climate emergency, migrant rights, workers rights, better governance, and more. We know this number of people also needs to grow and diversify further so we can represent a strong critical mass that can bring about change in Europe. We work with staff in 10 countries who connect digitally every day and in-person periodically.
About the role
You are able to think and do, strategise and deliver. You love being part of fast-paced transformational campaigning for a better Europe and you thrive in the digital world. Online campaigning and developing innovative digital tactics come as second nature to you. You are motivated by strategising and tactics. If you are familiar with digital fundraising, that would be a big added bonus!
- Identify campaign opportunities and develop and lead on campaigns
- Help us understand political dynamics by keeping connected to local movements, NGOs and alternative thinking within the Dutch context as it relates to the EU
- Write and adapt strong, compelling copy in Dutch and tailor it to your local context
- Manage email communications with our Dutch community using online campaigning tools (Speakout and CiviCRM), and analysing data and user engagement
- Analyse statistics on our member’s activities to make it easier for them to engage
- Fundraise from individual donors in the Netherlands and help us understand and adapt to the local context
- You are deeply committed to working for structural change and believe in igniting and connecting up the power of people in Europe to do the same
- You are a digital campaigning native -- comfortable with and excited by new software and online tools
- You write great copy and have great writing skills in Dutch
- You have a good activist network and knowledge of NGOs and movements in the Netherlands (and a bonus if that extends to Dutch speaking Belgium)
- You have experience with non-partisan political campaigning, ideally online and digital campaigning as well
- You have strong understanding of the political and social context in the Netherlands (and a bonus if that extends to Dutch speaking Belgium), and in Europe more broadly
- You are driven by results and crave more data, keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance, and are always looking to improve your work
- You are fluent in English to a degree that you can work with a predominantly English-speaking team
The following skills are considered a bonus:
- Exposure to activism in the Dutch language i.e. also Flanders
- **Digital fundraising**
- Great writing skills in English
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Additional European languages
- Experience of organising people
- Experience of setting up actions & protests on the ground
Terms and conditions
- Consultant contract 80% part time (32hrs per week); 6 months
- Start date asap
- Remuneration: depending on experience level 3,800 - 4,200€ per month (excl. VAT)
- Location: The Netherlands or Belgium
- Working from a home office or co-working space of your choice
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not believe that digital campaigners have to be very young and encourage people of different generations to apply!
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by September 15
- including mention of your experience with voluntary political activism
- provide contacts (name, function, e-mail, phone number) for 3 references
- we appreciate brevity: please do not send more than one page
- Please include your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
The recruitment consists of three steps:
- Evaluation of all applications
- An online exercise for 10-15 shortlisted candidates in the week of September 20
- A job interview in the week of September 27
Please note: After confirmation of receipt, notice of the status of your application will be given at the end of the recruitment process only.