Application Deadline: 3 June 2019, 09:00 am
WeMove.EU is a citizens’ movement responding to the crisis of European democracy through creative online lobbying campaigns. After launching in 2015 WeMove now has more than 900,000 members. You would be joining a team of dedicated activists located all over Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, UK, the Netherlands and Slovenia).
This role can be based anywhere in Europe.
As the English-language Campaigns Assistant you will:
- Communicate our ideas and campaigns on social media
- Respond to questions and requests of members sent by email or on social media.
- Support setting up online campaigns
- Support managing our English language database using CiviCRM
- Support other campaign activities such as research, partner relations, offline actions
- Support organisational growth through campaign promotion amongst our English speaking members
- Support policy monitoring and research on English speaking countries in Europe but also including EU-wide processes & identification of campaign opportunities
- You are a person who dreams of working in the political campaigning sector (you can also be a student still)
- You are an English native speaker
- You are a brilliant communicator with outstanding writing skills in English
- You are tech savvy and able to learn quickly how to use our online tools
- You are a passionate and effective agent for political change
- You have experience working with social media in a professional context
- You have experience with political/issue campaigning
- You are quick to understand new software and online tools
- You are happy to work in a “startup” environment, with all its opportunities and uncertainties
- You are open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
- You look forward to working in a team where we all strive towards learning from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
The following skills are considered a bonus:
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Well networked nationally
- Online campaigning
- Additional European languages
- Street actions & protests
- Lobbying of decision makers
Terms and conditions
- Part time position (20hrs/week)
- An initial contract duration of 1 year starting in July 1st, 2019.
- Salary range: German student wage adjusted for your local costs of living
- Location: Anywhere in Europe. Working from home or at one of our offices in Berlin or Ljubljana
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by June 3rd 2019, 09:00 am to firstname.lastname@example.org (max. 10 MB).
- Motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience as an activist (voluntary and/or professional), and provide 3 references.
- CV, including any other language skills according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- Relevant links to or samples of your work (if applicable)
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
We will ask candidates for availability to do a 1 – 1/2h online task from June 5 – 7 2019 and those who complete the task successfully will be invited to a video interview on June 11 – 12 2019.