Application deadline: 02.08.2021
Starting date: mid September/as soon as possible
WeMove Europe is an organisation that connects activists and movements across borders to take action towards a different kind of Europe, one that puts people and planet at the centre. After launching in 2015 over 1 million members from across Europe make up the WeMove Europe community.
We are looking for Italian Language Digital Organiser to join our dedicated team of over 27 staff located across Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, the UK and Slovenia), and more specifically to join our Campaigns team. We work in a decentralised structure, with staff in many countries who connect digitally every day.
The Digital Organiser will join our dynamic, growing team to help us build a thriving, active community of people who care about nature, climate change, human rights, inequality, supporting good ideas like free public transport, and dropping bad ones like single-use plastics. We are looking for people who above all else will be committed to the work we do, and to building a community that wants to fight for a better Europe.
About the role
- The core of this role is Community Engagement: you will be supporting the Italian Senior Campaigner in servicing the Italian speaking WeMove Europe community.
This means you will be:
- Responding to and servicing our community via email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, phone, and other channels as we develop them
- Editing and proofreading copy
- Producing creative and engaging content for social media in your language(s)
- Pulling data linked to our actions in Italy, and supporting the Senior Campaigner in drawing learnings from it
- A second, key part of this role is Tech set-up: Digital actions require great tech, and smooth user journeys for our community to be able to have impact.
This means you will be:
- Setting up our digital actions in our backend (petitions, emails, twitter actions, phone actions, fundraising asks) using our tools [CiviCRM, Drupal, Speakout]
- Testing these actions before they go out to members, to make sure they work
- Helping us improve user journeys and the overall experience of our community
- Finally, this dynamic role will give you the chance to do different kinds of things that overlap with your interests and the organisation’s needs as our strategy develops over time. For example: helping us think through tactics, translation, design, working with volunteers to help community management
- You are a native Italian speaker
- You speak English (your fluency in English is to a degree that you can work internally in an English-speaking environment and can translate into your language(s)
- You are excited to work in a multicultural, multilingual environment and team who are deeply committed to changing Europe for the better
- You are tech-savvy, keen to learn about new tools and acquire new skills (from basic coding to data analysis to social media tools)
- You are comfortable in executing a supportive role, motivated to contribute with self-initiative and creativity towards new and better solutions and processes
You are also:
- Detail oriented
- Quick to understand new software and online tools
- Able to communicate with people from all walks of life
- Able to explain complex ideas in a simple way
- Driven by results and crave more data
- Keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance
- Motivated by thinking out of the box + being innovative
- Prepared to travel once or twice a year in Europe
- Open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
The following skills are considered a bonus
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user
- Additional language skills
- Experience in NGO sector and/or volunteering experiences
- Community management
- Database management
- Familiarity with email list management
- Working with social media
- Working with/organising volunteers/activists
- Organising street actions & protests
- Social media use for movements/organisations
- Graphic design
- Video editing
Terms and conditions
- The role offers a contratto a tempo indeterminato and is a part-time permanent position (20 hours over 5 days a week, with core hours 10-14 CET), with a 6 month probation period, to start as soon as possible.
- We offer a competitive salary within the sector. Salary range: based on experience level, gross year salary €20,000 - €23,000, indexed to local cost-of-living.
- Vacation days equivalent to 30 days
- Location: Italy or in Europe
- We work remotely, and this means the position can be based at a home office or co-working space of your choice.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that people in online campaigning startups necessarily have to be very young and encourage people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply, including those caring for small children.
How to apply
The application deadline is on 02.08.2021. If you are interested in this position, please click here to apply.
- Motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience as an activist (voluntary and/or professional)
- 1-3 contact details of references, we do not need reference letters, just the contact details.
Please note that we won't be able to answer questions about the status of your application during the process.
As we are in the summer period a lot of our staff is off on summer vacation. Therefore we might not be able to answer any questions coming in by email in a timely manner and maybe even after the application deadline only.
We will shortlist and ask up to 15 candidates for availability to do a 1 - 2h online task between 07.08.2021 - 22.08.2021 Those who score highest on the task will be invited to a video interview on 01.09.2021. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, by 15.09.2021