Application Deadline: ongoing, rolling applications. We take stock of the applications every 1st and 15th of each month.
WeMove.EU is a citizens’ movement, campaigning for a better Europe; for a European Union committed to social and economic justice, environmental sustainability and citizen-led democracy. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere. (From our mission statement).
We are a recently launched, European online campaigning organisation in the spirit of the amazing work done by our friends at Campact.de in Germany and 38Degrees.org.uk in the UK. We collaborate (amongst others) with Akcja Demokracja in Poland and de-clic.ro in Romania.
Our idea is to respond to the crisis of European democracy with creative online campaigning. Having launched in September 2015 with great success (313 500 members so far), we are now focused on continuing our fast growth – and we are looking for a strategic and effective campaigner from the Eastern part of the EU to join our team.
You would be joining a team of seven dedicated activists located all over Europe e.g. France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland and Slovenia.
You would be based in Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakia or Hungary (preferably in the respective capital).
More information about our project can be found on: http://wemove.eu/wemove.pdf.
About the role
You are in charge of networking, policy analysis and campaigning for the country you are located in. As part of the Europe-wide campaigning team you will take part in the political decisions of our organisation and shape WeMove.EU for the years to come.
Your tasks will include
- Developing and leading WeMove.EU campaigns
- Policy monitoring and research with a focus on your national context but also including EU-wide processes & identification of campaign opportunities
- Building relations with our partners in NGOs and movements
- Working on the overall political strategy
- Media work
- Communicating our ideas and campaigns on social media
- Fundraising from individual donors in the country you are campaigning in
- Organising “offline” actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers etc.
- Adapting texts for your country’s reality and language(s)
You are a strategic political thinker and an effective agent for political change, you are passionate and committed to our values and you excel in communicating them - as a public speaker, in meetings, in the media and with your outstanding written expression.
- have several years of experience with non-partisan political campaigning
- are happy to work in an exciting “startup” environment, with all its opportunities and uncertainties
- can represent WeMove.EU in the country you are located in
- are well networked nationally and regionally
- have great writing skills in Romanian/Czech/Slovak/Hungarian, and possible knowledge in other European languages, in particular those from the Eastern part of the EU.
- are fluent in English to a degree that you can work in an English-speaking environment and can translate from English into your primary working language(s)
- are quick to understand new software and online tools
- are happy with extensive travel in Europe and flexible working hours
- are comfortable with public speaking, e. g., at local rallies or in front of a camera
- are open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
- look forward to working in a team where we all strive towards learning from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
Ideally you have a strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience.
Additionally, the following skills / experiences would be a plus:
- Online campaigning
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Additional European languages
- Street actions & protests
- Social media use
- Lobbying of decision makers
Terms and conditions
This is a full time position with a permanent contract after a probation period of 6 months.
As we are building a virtual organisation, this position will be based at a home office or co-working space of your choice. The salary for this position will be a mixture between two elements: a) a competitive salary as compared to a local wage in the NGO sector and b) a typical German salary for this kind of position adjusted for your local costs of living.
We are striving towards a good gender-balance in our team. Applications of women and transgender persons are therefore especially encouraged. In order to enhance the diversity of our team we encourage applicants of all origins and diverse backgrounds.
We do not share the implicit belief that online campaigners necessarily have to be very young and encourage also people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application to email@example.com (max. 10 MB). Please include
- motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience with voluntary political activism, and provide 3 references.
- CV. Including your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- relevant samples of your work (if applicable)
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.