We are a recently launched, European online campaigning organisation in the spirit of the amazing work done by our friends at Campact.de in Germany and 38Degrees.org.uk in the UK.
Our idea is to respond to the crisis of European democracy with creative online campaigning. Having launched in September 2015 with great success (close to a million members), we are now focused on continuing our fast growth. You would be joining a team of 20 dedicated activists located all over Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Romania, the Netherlands and Slovenia.
More information about our project can be found on: http://wemove.eu/wemove.pdf
About the Role:
Working at our office in Berlin you will support the Admin & Operations Team in the day-to-day administrative management of WeMove.EU. You will gain experience in both admin and HR functions.
Your responsibilities will include
Administrative support of recruitment procedures and HR management
General administrative activities, including correspondence, contracts and documentation in our Berlin office, office management
Support of travel and meeting management
Occasionally preparing actions and deliveries in Berlin
You are a highly motivated and reliable student interested in gaining experience in the non-profit sector? Working in an intercultural start-up environment is something you enjoy? You are available for 16 per week for at least 12 months? You might be just the right person for us!
- are a student wanting to gain experience in the non-profit sector
- you are fluent in German and English (you will be handling official correspondence in German, our official working language is English)
- are comfortable with MS Office applications
- are comfortable with learning new IT tools and programs that support our decentralized way of working together
- have an analytical mind as well as good communication skills
- have excellent research skills
- are able to stay calm in stressful situations and have a hands-on approach
- are a diligent worker and use well-structured working methods
- can work independently as well as in a team
- have a strong commitment to WeMove.EU’s mission
- are looking forward to working in an intercultural, decentralised team where we all strive towards learning from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
Terms and Conditions
- for a student assistant contract (studentische Hilfskraft) you must be enrolled in university or university of applied sciences for the time of your employment
- you should be available for 16 hours a week (2 days) for the next year
- your salary is 12,00 EUR/hour
- the probation period is 3 months
In order to enhance the diversity of our team we encourage applicants of all origins and diverse backgrounds.
Starting date is second half of October.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including motivation letter, CV and references (max. 5 MB). Deadline is October 4, 15:00 CET.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
We will ask candidates for availability to do a 1h task and those who complete that task successfully will be invited to an in person interview at our Berlin office.